Harry,

At 17:53 04/11/2003 -0800, you wrote:
Ed,

You saw the wonder of the sky and reacted to it. However, the sky had no wonder - the wonder was in you. Later you saw the sky through a telescope, and read or heard people who looked through telescopes and transmitted their wonder to you.

No, it's not the sky that's the wonder!!!!! The wonder is that we have a sense of wonder -- when, as a species we have no need of it for survival. And, besides, a sense of wonder isn't transmitted from one person to another. It's intrinsic in some (or it isn't).

Keith

P.S. Thank goodness you're using smaller typeface.

Keith Hudson, Bath, England, <www.evolutionary-economics.org>, <www.handlo.com>, <www.property-portraits.co.uk>