Keith,

Not enough information with which to speculate. The reason to
send Bush Sr. to Moscow is because he'd been in the oil business
a while and he has the prestige that comes with being President
Emeritus.

I'm not sure why Kissinger went, but he knows a lot of  people
and he has had a lot of experience dealing with the Russians. I
think there may well be a connection between the callback of the
Ambassador and conclusions reached in Russia, but I doubt they
were as you described.

A teleprompter is a screen with the words moving down it so you
can apparently be looking at the audience even as you read
everything. Bush had his speech notes on the rostrum, as does
practically every speaker who is doing a 'one up'.

If you are making the same speech for the umpteenth time, you
don't need to bring your notes. As it was, he didn't seem to
refer to them much -  if at all. He spoke for quite awhile with
apparent ad libs and with generally good humor.

I didn't know he drank a non-alcoholic substance. That's
disgraceful - I won't vote for him

Wow, that's news! Clare Short has been critical!

Seems to me that the UK newspapers are almost entirely critical
of Bush and have been from the beginning. However, you know them
better than I so I'll concede the point.

The Tories report increasing membership, Is there any prospect of
a comeback?

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
Tel: 818 352-4141  --  Fax: 818 353-2242
http://haledward.home.comcast.net