From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Keith Hudson
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 11:29 PM
To: Ed Weick
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Slightly extended (was Re: [Futurework] David Ricardo, Cavema n Trade vs. Modern Trade

At 23:11 10/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Harry, don't even mention the show 'Survivor' to me.  I see it as absolute American crap, like the "Stench of America".  There's nothing in it that even remotely bears any resemblance of the reality of hunters and gatherers.

Ed

My God, yes!  You really do disappoint me sometimes, Harry. There are many things on TV that one looks at for 5 minutes and then never ever want to see it again. Crap is hardly the word. Many TV shows reflect a society that has become disembowelled with consumerism. (Now there's a word I use a lot. But "consumerism" doesn't have ad hominem overtones because we are all consumers and we are all taken in to a greater or lesser extent. We need a society in which consumer goods are on tap but not on top.)

Keith