I might accept it.  But my view of my place in the social structure of this particular workplace would change.  I would think less of things.

Everybody is better off in absolute terms, most will be worse off in relative terms.  Good or bad??

arthur
-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Pollard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 2:01 AM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Slightly extended (was Re: [Futurework] David Ricardo, Caveman Trade vs. Modern Trade

Arthur,

In all ways they are better off.

If your boss offered to double your salary even as he increased the manager’s salary by four times, would you refuse it?

I doubt it, for you would know you were better off with a double salary.

Wouldn’t you?

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
Tel: 818 352-4141  --  Fax: 818 353-2242
http://haledward.home.comcast.net