[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Enter Jack Ruby.

    -----Original Message-----
    *From:* Keith Hudson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *Sent:* Monday, December 15, 2003 1:11 AM
    *To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *Subject:* [Futurework] How was Saddam captured alive?

    According to BBC Radio 4 this morning, some are wondering how it was
    that Saddam was captured alive. M'mm .... I've wondered about that,
    too.  If the Americans allow him an even half-way fair trial (as,
    say, with Milosevich in The Hague War Crimes Tribunal) and Saddam
    decides to defend himself (he's articulate enough for that) it will
    cause some considerable embarrassment to America in view of former
    relationship.  They would love to have killed him -- and were
    expecting to, I imagine. All I can think of is that the first
    soldiers who found him didn't realise he was Saddam and thought he
    was the house servant or similar.

Probably. He sure didn't look like himself. And the news says the troops were just about to throw a hand grenade down the hole when he surrendered. I never understood much physics, but the dynamics of pressure waves created by detonating an explosion in a confined space does seem interesting.... Does the pressure wave crush the body or just break down cellular structures????

The increment of news for today that I found especially
delicious is that the Iranians want to be part of the
trial! --> one of Bushido's Axis of Evil countries, which may have
been Saddam's worst victim of all.  But, what the Bush?
George won't likely personally be at the trial, so he won't have to
get into physical propinquity with the Evil Ayatollahs.

Also, the "fairness" of Milosevich's trial seems about
to be at least a little compromised becase the
U.S. is only going to allow General Clark to testify
in secret.

I wonder who gets the big gold coin Ahab nailed to the mast?
But, as the film _Das Boot_ showed, even if you weather all
storms, it's never too late for fate to destroy you in
port.

\brad mccormick

On reflection, just before I posted this, I think that Saddam will die before reaching trial.

Keith Hudson

Keith Hudson, Bath, England, <www.evolutionary-economics.org
<http://www.evolutionary-economics.org/>>

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]