Hello,

El Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:01:46 -0500
Jason L Tibbitts III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

> rm -f fvwm.ar.gmo && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o fvwm.ar.gmo
> fvwm.ar.po fvwm.ar.po:57:10: invalid multibyte sequence
> fvwm.ar.po:57:12: invalid multibyte sequence
> /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
> make[1]: *** [fvwm.ar.gmo] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tibbs/fvwm/po'
> make: *** [distdir] Error 1

Mmm, strange. Someone changed the string for the arabic translation for
"More...". I will not discuss that, cause I don't know any word of
Arabic, but looking at it, I see this: msgstr "أ٣^ãثر", which seems to
be weird. I am not an Arab, but, I bet that that is not correct,
uh?

The original translation I did was this: أكثر

Taken from google, and maybe, not too accurate.

Maybe seventhguardian or someone can give a better insight on what
happened. Anyhow, if that is the problem, I wonder why is it working
for me and some other people.

I *think* that the format of the file was messed in the middle, it
might have been my MTA or any other thing. All the files I provide
*should* be encoded at utf8, if not, there's a problem in the middle.
Maybe that was what happened to this patch... And now that I say
that... Does someone know why some po files are not using utf8, but
iso-8859-whatever? I think they all should be converted. I might make a
patch for that, this time, gzipped to avoid any chance that my mail
servers mess up my encoding. But I doubt that is the cause...

-- Jesús Guerrero