On Tue, Jun 30 2009, Viktor Griph wrote:

> 2009/6/30 Manoj Srivastava <sriva...@acm.org>:
>> Hi,

>> Some menu files in /usr/share/menu specify icons without giving their full
>> path.
>> Apparently, /usr/share/pixmaps is the default location for these icon files.
>> fvwm fails to find them and floods ~./xsession-errors with messages:
>> [...]
>
> I belive this is a bug with the debian packaing of fvwm. Debian
> patches the builtin configuration to read menudefs.hook:
> +             { "Read /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook Quiet", "", "" },
> +             { "Read menudefs.hook Quiet", "", "" },
>
> Thus the code is run before any user defined Image paths are added.

        Hmm. The reason for that patch was so that the Debian menu is
 always available, even if there is no configuration file.

        On the other hand, when actually looking at the menu, I can see
 there actually is an xpad.xpm being shown, which happened because I do
 have a "/etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook" in place in my .fvwm2rc; and the
 file is actually read twice, with the ImagePath correctly set the
 second time.

        A workaround for Debian could be that that I also setup a
 default ImagePath that takes into account Debian provided paths into
 the default config, which will make the annoying messages go away.

ImagePath /usr/share/icons:/usr/share/pixmaps:/usr/share/icons/wm-icons:+
ImagePath +:/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/:/usr/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps/
ImagePath +:/usr/include/X11/bitmaps/

        That should take care of most of the places Debian makes icons
 available.  Thoughts?

        manoj
--
We are all so much together and yet we are all dying of
loneliness. Schweitzer