On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 06:53:06PM -0800, Jason Weber wrote:
> Would using FlickeringMoveWorkaround mean I don't get any redraws
> until the move is complete?  I still get all the primary window redraws
> which seem really quick.  ConfigureSkipLimit only affects the proxy and wall
> windows.

No, it wouldn't unfortunately.  I should stop talking nonsense, and having
read the code, FlickeringMoveWorkaround only applies to fw windows -- we
always broadcast ConfigureNotify to all modules regardless when windows are
being moved (see fvwm/move_resize.c).

I suppose it makes sense for modules to screen out many event requests sent
to them -- but I think in this case we should consider what we do about this
in the future for modules which potentially only want to know of a batch of
events -- almost like a burst mode.  That would even reduce the need to
flood the pipes with all this information.

So, your option is perfectly valid, Jason.

Sorry to have lead you up the garden path there.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)