On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 01:31:38PM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:46:07 +0000,
> Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> a écrit :
>
> > On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 12:37:16PM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> > > Both stalonetray and trayer will be killed and restarted during a
> > > restart. And it work fine with compliant applications.
> >
> > Why?  The exit handling in FvwmButtons will take care of this, and
> > forcibly killing stalonetray or trayer in ExitFunction goes against
> > settings one might have in FvwmButtons as to what happens to the
> > client it's going to swallow.
>
> I don't remember why. But I remember than it is a huge difference of
> behaviour between trayer and stalonetray, and it was difficult to get
> stalonetray to work well in case of restart.

Then _fix_ the application; don't sacrifice functionality and user-specific
configurations because the application sucks.  Fvwm isn't a circumventing
means for you to hide/workaround bugs in other applications -- that's really
bad.

And no, I wouldn't know if the author of stalonetray knows of this or not --
you can always ask him, couldn't you?

Anyhow, this is now too off-topic for me to care about anything which isn't
FvwmButtons related for this thread.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)