On 24 January 2012 14:54, Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I think any platform that supports XDG is going to have python.

It will; but I think it's best described the other way round -- that
is, any platform that has python installed can use XDG -- and I say
that only because of the availability of the python XDG bindings.  Not
that it really matters to me, but it is worth investigating if these
bindings come with python or are external.  I'm thinking about
packaging.

> I didn't need to install anything on Fedora to run the script.

Cool.

> Of course the script needs to be reworked to work as a compatible
> replacement for fvwm-menu-desktop.
>
> This is not something that should change any release plans.
> At this time I just want to look into it.

Of course.

> IMO, the menus look pretty good:

And I thought *I* had an interesting taste in colour.  :)

-- Thomas Adam