"Dan Espen" <des...@verizon.net> wrote
> I think it's time for me to commit this fpl file.

before you can do it, two things should be done:
1. convert it to unix format. Thunderbird saved it in Dos format :S
   (that was the problem why it doesn't run under my VM ...)
2. I found one missing double quote (the last one hopefully). Please
   add it at the end of line 96:
   *FvwmForm-Desktop: Text     \" (in pixels. Default is 24)\"

> It comes without Makefile.am consideration or even a place to put it.
> Which directory do you see it being in?  Doesn't it need a man page?

To the same place as your FvwmForm-Desktop -> /usr/share/fvwm/
Btw. Your old FvwmForm-Desktop should be deleted because it gets in the
way of the dynamic created FvwmForm-Desktop. Or we must rename all the
FvwmForm-Desktop lines in fvwm-menu-desktop-config.fpl like
FvwmForm-DesktopConfig or so.

About a help for this tool - I thought it is self explaining. There's a
help button in the form which calls the fvwm-menu-desktop help if the user
is in doubt.

> Thomas Adam made some comments about using FvwmPerl.  Is that resolved?
I've fixed all what Thomas suggested except the part to do the complete
stuff with the perllib framework. That needs a little bit more time.

I hope it is ok for Thomas that you want to commit it because it's only
an interim solution.

Thomas