Le Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:24:28 +0200,
Thomas Funk <t.f...@web.de> a écrit :

> Dominique Michel wrote:
>  > Portage doesn't give rej file. I used
>  > patch -p0 < fvwm-menu-desktop-config.fpl.gettext.patch
>  > to get it.
> Perhaps Portage isn't up-to-date with CVS?

No, its my own live ebuild which download or update the last CVS code,
and do the compilation and installation from this code. It is several
month ago I made it and never get in trouble with it.

> The reject problem was my fault. See my emailto Dan/fvwm-workers
> minutes ago.

I will look at it, thanks.

>  > BTW, I took a lock at the files in /etc/xdg/menus. They doesn't
>  > support the freedesktop additional categories. The freedesktop
>  > guys are amazing, they write a norm and don't respect it. Or I
>  > missed something, but the result is the generated menus in
>  > Fvwm-NightShade only use the main categories, which is a mess when
>  > you have a lot of apps in one category.
> Hmmm, sounds strange to me. I will test it on my Xubuntu VM whether
> this happens there also. On my Mint I have sub categories in the
> menus, so ...

I think some distributions can provide their own files
in /etc/xdg/menus, when gentoo policy is generally to not interfere
with what upstream provide. A notable exception to that is gentoo eudev
fork of udev, which is mature now, but that's another subject...

Also, the Debian menu system has always been the best. So, I will not
be surprised if you cannot reproduce it with the debian based
distributions.

Cheers,
Dominique

--