On 02/25/2014 05:16 PM, Dominique Michel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get a few issues with fvwm-desktop-config.fpl.
>
> First, the French translation is approximative, I get "Sauvez les
> réglages" for the 2 buttons at the bottom left. And the translation of
> a few other strings is not so good. I will see what I can do to fix
> that translation.
Would be fine. My business colleague hasn't the technical knowledge to
create the complete right translation.
So if you can fix it would be great :-)

> Second, with all check boxes, I get the same colour for the text of the
> check boxes than for the text of the buttons, which is a different
> colour than the text of the labels.
Hmmm .... there are no colors set in between the FvwmForm (which will
created while execution of fvwm-desktop-config.fpl).

Check your FvwmForm Defaults file first.

> This work fine with some of my colour sets, but with other colour sets,
> I get almost the almost colour for the text of the checkboxes than the
> background of the form. It would be much better is the text for the
> check boxes use the same colour than the text for the labels, or if the
> text for the check boxes use the same background colour than the
> button. Is it possible to change that?
See above.

> Third, when I have
>
> *FvwmForm-Desktop-ConfigDefault: IconDir
> $FVWM_USERDIR/icons/fvwm-desktop
>
> in ~/.FvwmForm-Desktop-Config, the text is truncated in the
> corresponding edit box:
>
> $FVWM_USERDIR/icons/fvwm-desk
Probably it have to set in quotes. I will check this.

> Fourth, with fvwm-menu-desktop, gentoo only provide the icons from
> different icon-themes and these provided by the applications.
>
> I get a few warnings like:
> [fvwm][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image
> from /home/dom/.fvwm-crystal/icons/fvwm-desktop/24x24-xmahjongg.gif
> [fvwm][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Check that FVWM has support for the
> filetype it's being asked to load.
>
> The file formats that cause these warnings
> are .bmp, .gif, .ico, .jpg, .pcx, .ppm and .tga so far. It should be
> better to convert all of them into a format that is know to fvwm.
> Something like
>
> convert <other options> name.ext name.png
>
> can be used.
Yes, only svg icons will be changed to png. All others as is. Will fix it.

- Thomas -

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure
about the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein