On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:22:22PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:12:03PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:03:08PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > > I'm almost done converting my config to the new code.  If you take
> > > care of the bugs I'll look into re-adding fvwm-root.  :-)
> >
> > Oh, I removed fvwm-root because xsetroot(1), feh(1), etc., do those jobs
> > rather well, and I didn't want to have to maintain something as trivial
> > as that.
> >
> > Why do you want to continue to use it, out of interest?  Have I
> > overlooked some critical piece of functionality?
>
> Well, I think it required no maintenance whatsoever in the last
> fifteen years, it's nicely integrated with the graphics library of
> fvwm (i.e. it can do all the image manipulation that fvwm can do),
> and I'm not sure xsetroot is able to deal with Ewmh desktop
> windows(?).

Pass.  I guess resurrect it.  I'm just really keen to try to avoid
adding in more and more code.  I know in this case the example is fairly
benign, but it's always easier to add things than it is to remove them,
and I consider things like image/wallpaper setters the job of external
tools.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)