Hallo,

I have a very fancy setup with nested function definitions. Parts of my
".fvwm2rc" look like this:

AddToFunc BCopy I (...)
+ I Pick AddToFunc $0 I WindowId $[w.id] (State 2) $$$$[*] $[1-]
+ I + I Next (!State 4) Move
+ I (...)

So, I dynamically define complex functions during user operation rather
than during configuration read-in (and delete them again later). This
makes it possible to have functions specific for one certain window, iden-
tified by its window ID.

I do the same with dynamical (window-specific) decors.

Whatever new syntax you will decide for - I would be happy not to lose
this possibility.

Best regards
Werner

P.S. Oh, and concerning the discussion about function continuation by '\'
before end-of-line or '+' after beginning-of-line: Why not offer both and
let the user choose?