On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 21:58 (-0500), Peter G wrote:

> On 5/27/20 9:37 PM, Jim Diamond wrote:

>>> Thanks, I've tried that.
>>> Doesn't show anything (I know that option is working, as I get the debug
>>> info for other windows). As pointed out in another email, that "cast" window
>>> might indeed be a chrome internal window... what bothers me though, is why
>>> it shows up in other window managers.
>> I haven't tried another window manager, but for what it's worth, the
>> cast window does not show up for me in google-chrome.

> Thank you for checking!

No trouble!

>> By the way, are you running these different window managers on the
>> same Linux distro?  Or is it possible you are using fvwm on one Linux,
>> and other window managers on a different Linux distro?

> I have done these check on the same machine, with the same installation of
> chrome (i.e just long into a different WM).

> A few window managers i checked: icewm, lxde, gnome (ubuntu's 18.04 default
> desktop), ubuntu's winland desktop thing. All work as expected.

> BTW, I'm running the latest github version 2 master branch of fvwm. Which
> are you running?

I tried this with google-chrome-81.0.4044.113 / fvwm-2.6.6+git on
Slackware64-14.2 as well as google-chrome-83.0.4103.61 / fvwm-2.6.9 on
Slackware64-current.

The 2.6.6+git is probably (memory fails, I installed it in Sept 2017)
a version from git around when 2.6.6 was the latest and greatest.

If I get a chance to try another wm on these systems I'll follow-up.

                                Jim