> I think this is just "10000000000000000000000000000100", MX_LEAVE_WINDOW.
> You should always strip the high 32 bits, that are either zeros or ones.
> Probably $type &= 0xffffffff; in readPacket().

Stripping the high bits fixes it. I tried to figure out why those got set
in the first place, but was not able to sort it out. And since unsetting
the high bits works I leave that unanswered.
Once I fixed that I noticed that FvwmDebug didn't print the extended
messages,
because it didn't have showEvent registered as a handler for extended
messages.

/Viktor