On  1 Aug 01 at 15:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have applied a small patch that adds 2 more colors to button vectors.
> There is a thread with this feature request and some discussion:
>
>   http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0105/msg00294.html
>
> There are now 4 colors from a colorset, 0 to 3: shadow, hilight, bg, fg.
> So something like this is possible:
>
> ButtonStyle 8 Vector 10 [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
>         [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> ButtonStyle 0 Vector 10 [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
>         [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
>
> The first color in Vector is not used, so it is good to be always 2 (bg).
>
> As I mentioned in the linked thread, lines are more suitable for a relief
> shadow drawing, to draw using fg and bg colors shapes are more suitable.
> Probably later it makes sense to have pseudocommands: MoveToPoint,
> LineToPoint, RectangleToPoint, CircleOfRadius and so on. Currently there
> is only a LineToPoint functionality. Any suggestions are welcome.
> This may be done (or not) after we open the next branch for beta features.

    This would be a very useful feature.  I don't know the reasons of the
guy in referred thread, but the case when it is useful is buttons in Win9x
style -- those should grow with title font size, and pixmap buttons are
absolute unsuitable here.

    Just two notes.

    First, in addition to lines/rects/circles a filled polygon is needed (to
draw all those [X] and alikes).

    Second, IMHO, names of the commands should be as short as possible --
like "lineto", "rectto", etc.  Otherwise definitions will look just too
heavy.

    BTW, is it currently possible to "lift the pen" with AddButtonStyle, i.e.
draw two disjoint shapes?