On 02 Aug 2001 12:47:30 +0700, Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov wrote:

> On  1 Aug 01 at 15:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I have applied a small patch that adds 2 more colors to button vectors.
> > There is a thread with this feature request and some discussion:
> >
> >   http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0105/msg00294.html
> >
> > There are now 4 colors from a colorset, 0 to 3: shadow, hilight, bg, fg.
> > So something like this is possible:
> >
> > ButtonStyle 8 Vector 10 [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
> > PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
> >         [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]
> > ButtonStyle 0 Vector 10 [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
> > PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
> >         [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]
> >
> > The first color in Vector is not used, so it is good to be always 2 (bg).
> >
> > As I mentioned in the linked thread, lines are more suitable for a relief
> > shadow drawing, to draw using fg and bg colors shapes are more suitable.
> > Probably later it makes sense to have pseudocommands: MoveToPoint,
> > LineToPoint, RectangleToPoint, CircleOfRadius and so on. Currently there
> > is only a LineToPoint functionality. Any suggestions are welcome.
> > This may be done (or not) after we open the next branch for beta features.
>
>     This would be a very useful feature.  I don't know the reasons of the

He wanted to emulate Blackbox WM window look, emulating TWM/CTWM window
look would be interesting too.

> guy in referred thread, but the case when it is useful is buttons in Win9x
> style -- those should grow with title font size, and pixmap buttons are
> absolute unsuitable here.

But win-95 buttons have colors unrelated to the window colorsets (active
and inactive), so unless there is a way to specify other colors in Vector,
this will not help you.

Actually, it is a good idea to have ButtonColorset, HilightButtonColorset
in addition to the current Colorset, HilightColorset in Style. And Vector
may have a syntax to choose between the window's colorset (current colors
numbers 0,1,2,3) and the button's colorset.

The current decoration code is totaly ignorant of colorsets, and I prefer
if someone more knowledgeable starts to change it.

>     Just two notes.
>
>     First, in addition to lines/rects/circles a filled polygon is needed (to
> draw all those [X] and alikes).

I only meant a filled polygon, otherwice it's already possible using lines.

>     Second, IMHO, names of the commands should be as short as possible --
> like "lineto", "rectto", etc.  Otherwise definitions will look just too
> heavy.

These long names were not supposed to be a syntax, I have no problem if
the syntax is mnemonic (one char per command, like 'l' for line, 'r', 'c').

>     BTW, is it currently possible to "lift the pen" with AddButtonStyle, i.e.
> draw two disjoint shapes?

You use 2 AddButtonStyle commands, one draws the first shape and the second
draws the second. The result is summed.

Regards,
Mikhael.