On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:30:20PM +0700, Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov wrote:
>       Hi!
>
>       This patch touches solely the move_resize.c.  I've tried to modify
> fvwm2.1, but my roff skills seem to be below what required to keep
> "Maximize" description in the same style (the latter seems a bit wrong BTW
> -- too many spaces).
>
>       I've added an optional "global" switch, which means that
> maximization should be made on a global screen, otherwise it is made on
> the screen where the center of a window is.  "grow*" are also adjusted
> (that turned to be the easiest part of the task).

I have been thinking about an entirely different approach that
uses XGeometry specs:

  Maximize on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The problem here is to specify the resize unit (screen % or
pixels) and where to place the "grow" option.  The same syntax
could be used for the Move, Resize and ResizeMove commands.

>       There are some problems with maximizing windows that aren't on the
> current page when the page itself doesn't start on a page boundary, but
> that effect existed before anyway.

I see.  Consider it fixed :)

>       And there is a comment "maximize on visible page" after
> IsRectangleOnThisPage() check, which doesn't seem to be correct -- somehow
> it happens that windows are maximized on visible page even if they are by
> some part (not entirely) on it.

The comment should better read:

  maximize on the page where the center of the window is, but if
  any part of the window is on the current page, maximize it
  there.

> BTW, Dominik, was it done intentionally that in Xinerama emulation mode
>      the vertical separator doesn't separate, but in fact overlaps two
>      left pixels of the second pseudo-screen?  The result seems a bit
>      confusing ;-)

You would have to ask Olivier.  He wrote that stuff.  Anyway, I
don't really care about this.  It is only meant as visible
feedback for testing and debugging.

Dominik Vogt, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20