On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 05:23:18PM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> Hello,
> I make some Xinerama test recently using Sls 1x2 on
> my poor 800x600 screen:
>
>    ---------------
>   |       |       |
>   |   0   |   1   |
>   |       |       |
>    ---------------
>
> The support seems really great! (BTW, does there exits
> laptop with a double head video card?).
>
> I've noted a few problems with menu position and IconBox
>
> 1. if WindowList is called without argument as well as
> if a menu key binding of the form
>    Key key Context Modifier Menu MyMenu _No_arg_
> is activate, then the window list (or the menu) always
> popup on screen 0.

Fixed.  With just the "WindowList" commands without any options,
the screen was not set correctly.

> 2. For testing let say we have the following binding:
>
>    Mouse 1 A M Menu MenuFvwmRoot Rectangle [EMAIL PROTECTED] +0 +0
>
> (the @c is not really important). So when I activate this
> bindings the menu popup at [EMAIL PROTECTED] but if I am on screen
> 0 and I popup submenus (and subsubmenus) then the menu
> go into screen 1 (so it is exactly as if I've no XineramaSls
> support). This does not happen on screen 1 (but here the
> left limit is my monitor).
> Similarly if I use:
>
>    Mouse 1 A M Menu MenuFvwmRoot Rectangle [EMAIL PROTECTED] +0 +0
>
> (and MenuFvwmRoot is larger than 10p) the menu appear in between
> screen 0 and 1 as it should appear on screen 0 (as it will do
> with [EMAIL PROTECTED] on screen 1).

Fixed.  Originally, rectangles referred always to the global
screen.  Now, the screen part of the geometry also confines the
menu into that screen (defaulting to the primary screen).

> 3. It seems natural for me that iconification happen on the
> current screen, so I test IconBox with
>
> Style "*" IconBox [EMAIL PROTECTED], IconGrid 64 10, IconFill left bottom
>
> In "normal" use this work fine. However, if the above command
> is entered in a way or an other when the mouse cursor is on
> screen 1 the icons on screen 0 go in a random location (in the
> top of screen 0).

You are misinterpreting what your style line does: it creates an
icon box with the given dimensions on whatever screen the pointer
is on at the time the style command is issued.  It *does not*
create one icon box on each screen: this must be done manually.

What fvwm does is this:

 - Create a default icon box that covers the primary screen.
   (screen 0).
 - Create the given icon box on the screen with the pointer.
   (screen 1).

Whenever a window is iconified, fvwm looks for a suitable icon box
in this order:

 - Icon boxes that intersect with the screen of the window.
 - Any icon box other than the default icon box on any screen.
 - The default icon box.

So, what you are seeing is icons being placed in the default icon
box on the primary screen since this is the only box that
intersects the primary screen.  You have to specify a separate
icon box for each screen.

Of course it would be nice to have a way to specify the same icon
box for each screen in a single style command, but I don't see how
this can be done easily (most of the icon box calculations are
still in style.c).