On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 01:13:14PM +0600, Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Dominik Vogt wrote:
>
> > Um, I wanted to suggest to remove the lines inside the window.
> >
> > Now:
> >
> >   +-----------+
> >   |   |   |   |
> >   +-----------+
> >   |   |   |   |
> >   +-----------+
> >   |   |   |   |
> >   +-----------+
> >
> > After the suggested change:
> >
> >   +-----------+
> >   |           |
> >   |           |
> >   |           |
> >   |           |
> >   |           |
> >   +-----------+
> >
> > This is a relic from twm.  I can't think of any other window
> > manager that still has these additional lines in the middle of the
> > window.
>
>       In fact, there IS a case when these lines are usable: when some
> app maps a huge window, which doesn't fit to screen (a frequent case is a
> Netscape driven by poorly written javascript).  And with these two
> additional rectangles you can at leat understand how much of a window is
> on the screen when you drag it.
>
>       BTW, what's that with these frames which "makes the code much more
> complicated and slower"?  The get_outline_rects() looks simple.

Without the interior lines one could simply draw a rectangle in a
single call.  Currently we have to draw ten rectangles.  I think
I can therefore call it "much more complicated" and definitely
"slower" too.  If you call it "much slower" depends on the point
of view.

Dominik Vogt, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20