On  2 Feb, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:17:17PM +0000, Tim Phipps wrote:
>> Hi All,

> I lika that patch :-)  Consider it applied.  The next logical
> thing to do would be to change the pixmap of a button.

Does this patch work if you have multiple instances of FvwmButtons
running?  For example, I sometimes have a number of FvwmButtons, one
that shows system names and swallows FvwmPager, another that swallows
FvwmIconMan and has "task bar" type buttons, etc.  Without assigning
names to buttons, how does FvwmButtons know which "button 5" is to be
changed?

Maybe to help, FvwmButtons could assign as "name" to a particular
button:

    *FvwmButtons(Icon status.xpm, Action 'beep', Title ' ', Name 'status')

    FvwmCommand "SendToModule FvwmButtons Title status 'I am up!'"

This way, you won't need to keep track of the internal button numbers.

Just a suggestion, anyway.

--
Larry Gensch                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            Working for COMPAQ for over a twentieth of a century