I'll try to break up these issues, to make them more manageable.

Dominik Vogt wrote:

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 03:37:18AM -0500, Jacob Morzinski wrote:
The fvwmbug shell script hardcodes the username of the user who
compiled fvwm2 into the script.  This really should be
configurable.  I don't want personal bug reports
[...]
Well, it's meant only for bug reports going to us.  Everybody can
edit the sender information in a mail program.

What I was trying to say is that I want bug reports, but I don't want the email to be directed to me personally -- I want it to go to [EMAIL PROTECTED] How do my users know to edit the sender information, to add that to the header when they select the "both" or the "local" destination options? I argue that the fvwmbug script should not hardcode username of its installer; it should use a configurable value.

Hardcoding "jmorzins" into the local address is as bad as hardcoding "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" into the global address -- we might both be interested in reading the local/global mail, but we shouldn't be the _only_ people reading the local/global mail. It should go to a list.

 Jacob Morzinski
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]