On 23 Dec 2002 13:04:01 -0500, Dan Espen wrote:

> Marcus Lundblad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Dan Espen wrote:
> >
> > > That reminds me, the "tests" directory is not being updated.
> > > There will never be a 2.6 unless there is an adequate set of
> >
> > How much work is it to update the tests? I could perhaps "dive
> >  into" this at the end of next week.
>
> Ideally, there would be a test for every statement made in
> the man page.  Given the size of our man pages,  I guess there's
> a lot of work to do.
>
> For the changes you just made, it would be nice to have a test that
> creates an xterm, makes it uncloseable, pops up a message saying
> window should not close, then trys "close", "delete", "destroy".
> Then asks, is window still open?  Then something similar
> with closeable. And so on.  Perl Gtk might
> be helpful, or even command line shell or perl.

Almost all tests may be done non-interactive. It is just a matter of
checking whether a window is still here:

  None (MyUniqueWindow) Echo BUG 1

or it is still has the needed geometry:

  Next (MyUniqueWindow) Exec test $[w.width] = 80 || echo Echo BUG 2

Only visual effects should be done interactive, i.e. I don't see a good
way to test whether the window decorations are transparent or have some
nifty multi colorset look without asking the tester.

Regards,
Mikhael.