On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 10:46:20PM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 11:26:53PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 12:39:07AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > > Patch attached.  Can you please double check and fill in the gaps?
> > > (see comments belo).

> > > Not sure what the right name of the option and the flag variable
> > > should be.  There's only a placeholder in the man page either.
>
> Making that change would be syntactically breaking people's configs, but... I
> bet it's a rarely-used option that should just be "screenroot" or something.

It can have two names, a real one and still "xineramaroot" for
compatibility.  Screenroot?  Rootscreen?  Just tell me a good
name.

The old manmage said:

  XineramaRoot

  the root window of the whole Xinerama screen.  Equivalent to
  "root" when Xinerama is not used.

Can you please restate that for me?  What is "whole Xinerama
screen" in xrandr terms?

> > > [MOVE_TO_SCREEN]
> > > This one should be just renamed to just "screen"?
>
> Yes please.

Good.  It's already part of the patch.

Ciao

Dominik Vogt