On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Thomas Adam wrote:

... but what no one has said to you us that InitFunction is deprecated
over StartFunction, i.e.:

AddToFunc I StartFunction I Exec exec xterm

do you really mean "I StartFunction" instead of "InitFunction"? With an I?

I tried to replace the only "AddToFunc InitFunction" I had since ever in my .fvwmrc, with "AddToFunc I StartFunction " and did an fvwm restart from menu. Everything looked fine, but my .xsession-errors said :

[FVWM][AddToFunction]: <<ERROR>> Got 'StartFunction' instead of a valid function specifier

Conversely if I replace with "AddToFunc StartFunction" and do a restart, I get no error, but the behaviour is not what I expect. Namely a restart runs also those applications which should be started only at login (like the pine window I'm writing in, or a second copy of the clock) !

I reverted to InitFunction

(You should be using FVWM 2.5.26 anyway.)

I have an *OLD Suse* fvwm 2.5.10 (not likely to upgrade the OS until I change the hardware too), if that matters.

"Nature" on government cuts to research       http://snipurl.com/4erid
"Nature" e i tagli del governo alla ricerca   http://snipurl.com/4erko