Lucio Chiappetti skrev:
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Olav Kvittem wrote:

I would like to search the windowlist to find and select a window ?
Are there any modules around that can do whole or part of that ?

Do you have so many that the standard window list is too long ?

yes sometimes it has been higher than the screen - and however I have some
potential for tidying, I am reluctant to close contexts.
In my setup I hit mouse button 2 on the root background and get a list (I use it sometimes if I cannot remember on which desktop/workspace a window is).

I guess this is the line in my .fvw2rc (this part inherited from a system-bundled version, I did not write this myself)

Mouse 2  R  A  Module   FvwmWinList Transient
I use :
Mouse 3         R       A       WindowList Alphabetic, CurrentDesk
This one is pops up on mouse down and you can drag immediately.
yes this very efficient and is one of the reasons I stick to Fvwm !

Olav

Wir muessen wissen / wir werden wissen
         Inscription on David Hilbert's grave  http://tinyurl.com/3e5hfl