2009/8/18 Thomas Adam <thomas.ada...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/18 John H. Moe <john...@optushome.com.au>:
>> The only thing I can add is that it *seems* to happen after I launch my
>> first KDE app (like KNetwalk, Kopete, K3B), but only sometimes.  And if
>> the first one doesn't cause it, then it seems none do.  From what I
>> understand, KDE apps have a few libs and/or programs that need to run in
>> the background to work properly, and once they're loaded they stay
>
> I suppose it's possible that some components of KDE are being loaded
> which are intercepting key events -- GNOME can do this for instance
> with its key-binding manager for multimedia keys which also let you
> bind other keys -- FVWM never gets the event for this, and so the
> effect is as you describe.  Perhaps KDE do something similar?  I
> wouldn't know, nor care.

I suspect that KDE remaps the keyboard on start.
Compare the output of "xmodmap -pm" before and after you start KDE
apps. If there are any changes at all to the output then that might
explain the issue. There may also be other changes to the keyboard
mapping that's going. FVWM does not respond to changes in the keyboard
mapping after it has been launched.

/Viktor