Nathan Hüsken <f...@lonely-star.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using fvwm for not to much time, and I like it very much. Thanks
> for the great work!
>
> What is nagging me: besides urxvt and gvim, every application is shown
> with the standard rotatet square icon.
> How can I change it?

This is a little simpler than the other reply:

First use FvwmIdent to look at the window's name(s).
You want to look at the "name", "class" or "resource".

Then assign an icon using any of the 3 names above:

Style "name" Icon xyz.xpm

I'm not sure about urxvt, (I use rxvt) but you may
want to use different icons for each urxvt you have open.
In that case, I start rxvt like this:

rxvt -name xyz

The "xyz" becomes the "resource".
Than you can assign an icon base on that resource name.

In some cases, you may need to add "OverrideIcon" to the style
command.