I can't seem to turn off a user state for a specific window in a
function in fvwm 2.5.30. Here is an exerpt from my current testing
fvwm-2.5.30 configuration file:

        Style *         State 1

        *FvwmEvent:     iconify ZapIconPlacement
        *FvwmEvent:     deiconify ZapState

        DestroyFunc ZapIconPlacement
        AddToFunc ZapIconPlacement
        + I ThisWindow (State 1) Echo "ZapIcon state 1 on"
        + I ThisWindow (State 1) Move m+0 m+0
        + I ThisWindow (State 1) WindowStyle !State 1

        DestroyFunc ZapState
        AddToFunc ZapState
        + I ThisWindow (State 1) Echo "ZapState state 1 on"
        + I ThisWindow (State 1) WindowStyle !State 1

 Looking at fvwm's output, I can see these Echo's firing on window
iconification and deiconification, ie it seems that user state 1
never gets turned off even though 'WindowStyle !State 1' seems to
be getting run. (And the Move command certainly gets run.)

 So, either I'm missing something about fvwm 2.5.30, or there's a bug
here. All things considered, the first is probably more likely -- does
anyone have any ideas?

        - cks
PS: just to be sure, I checked the current CVS and the same thing happens
    (well, doesn't happen). I shimmed some printf()'s into the code and
    it looks like the WindowStyle command is getting executed, too.