On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 07:46:26PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 12:30:33PM +0100, Michael Treibton wrote:
> > hi everyone!
> >
> > i have a question with stalonetray and fvwmbuttons. here is my
> > fvwmbuttons config -
> >
> > *fvwmbuttons: (8x1, Swallow (UseOld,Respawn,NoClose,NoKill)
> > `stalonetray` `Exec exec stalonetray --kludges
> > force_icons_size,fix_window_pos,use_icons_hints`)
> >
> > and my .stalonetrayrc file -
> >
> > grow_gravity W
> > no_shrink true
> > background grey
> > icon_size 16
> >
> > i have a problem that when i close a program which puts an icon in
> > stalonetray, that the stalonetray window then loses other icons and
> > seems to shrink the window - even though i've told stalonetray not to.
> >
> > this is not right - is it because i am using stalonetray in fvwmbuttons?
> >
> > does anyone else have this problem?
>
> No -- but from my testing of your situation, it seems like stalonetray is
> doing some *very* odd things with its client geometry.
>
> Does setting:  geometry or max_geometry in your .stalonetrayrc help any?  I
> suspect not, since looking at the code, stalonetray is always dispositioned
> to change its geometry on request of certain events.  :)
>
> I think its author is on this list -- I am sure he'll pick this up in due
> course, or if not, he has contact details on stalonetray's home page.

Was this ever looked into by the stalonetray author, Michael, can you tell?
Or do I have to bite the bullet and fit it?  I'm hoping no news has been
good news, but it's blocking another item on my TODO list for FVWM which I
could do with clearing up.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)