On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 06:35:12AM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Thomas Adam schrieb:
> >Hi Chtistian,
> >
> >On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 06:54:37AM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> >>sorry for the late reply but I think I found the culprit. There are
> >>some hacks in events.c/focus.c (focus_force_refresh_focus and
> >>refresh_focus) which seem to steal the focus from the focus proxy
> >>and therefore kill the xembed implementation in qt.
> >
> >In the case of ddd which still exhibits this, the events are so fast that
> >any client (FVWM in this case) would simply get confused as to which window
> >is supposed to receive focus.
> >
> Interesting - I've another focus problem (qt is loosig focus when a
> popup menu is closed, but only sometimes - when I do the same action
> again all works fine. Is this maybe related?

You very nearly took me up the wrong garden path with your focus suggestion,
you know.  :P

It has nothing to do with focus at all, and everything to do with
StructureNotify and SubstructureRedirect events.

I should have realised myself when running this under FVWM what was
happening -- the client embedded in the top-level window should never have
been where it is -- it's meant to be the main window inside the reparented
one.  That's what I missed early on, so I'm sorry for being slow.

I've a fix here which seems to be working and will commit to CVS over the
weekend sometime.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)