On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 04:14:46PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I have a desktop of
>
>     +-----+-----+-----+-----+
>     |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |
>     +-----+-----+-----+-----+
>     |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |
>     +-----+-----+-----+-----+
>
> and use a config of
>
>     DestroyFunc StartFunction
>     AddToFunc   StartFunction
>     + I Exec rplay $[HOME]/sounds/start0.wav >/dev/null 2>&1
>     PipeRead `for X in $[FVWM_USERDIR]/start/* ; do echo -n "+ I " ; cat $X ;
> done`
>
> to autostart a bunch of FvwmMdules or Apps.
>
> Now I have a script

Well, you could do this:

Style XTerm-Special-* StartsOnDesk ..., SkipMapping

Where that would look something like:

for i in $(seq 10); do xterm -T "XTerm-Special-$i" & done

Or you could instead use XTerm's -xrm option to position specific instances
of XTerms regardless of any window attribute.

xterm -xrm "*Page:2 1 1"

This would place the xterm on desk two, one page right and one down from
desk 2.

> I was thinking, it works with "MoveToPage" or "MoveToDesk" but itdoes
> not work for me.

Because the way you have it now, FVWM has no choice in configuring the
window in question.  I've spoken a lot in the past about why using
Exec/Wait/GotoPage, etc., is no longer necessary:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fvwm@lists.math.uh.edu/msg16494.html

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)