Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:43:23PM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
>> When I additionally I set a StaysOnTop style to bring FvwmIdent on top,
>> I noticed that this does only work when I apply FvwmIdent on
>> xterms, but not on nedit, Iceweasel, FvwmIdent or some other instances.
>
> Look at the "MinimalLayer" option in "man FvwmIdent".  Everything else
> you've tried can be got rid of with this option.

I tried it just now, and it does not reliably work. Not with my
productive system (fvwm 2.5.26). I could try it again later when
I migrate to something newer.

> Can you also stop sending through all of these config snippets?  Or if you
> must, at least trim them down to just the relevant parts?

If they disrupt your reading flow, I can omit them and post links
when I really can't do without config snippets (links will not cause you to
scroll to be able to read the core e-mail message text).

Michael