Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> writes:

> All,
>
> Whilst I appreciate that organisations need not worry about this until the
> end of February, I'll be moving house then so I need to start thinking about
> this now, rather than later.
>
> Now that 2.6.0 is out, I'm proposing the following project (some of which
> are a continuation from previous GSoC proposals) -- none of which are listed
> in any order.

Like all open source work,
the project should meet some need of the coder.
So, whoever does the work should have some input on what gets done.

What do you think?

I'd like to see the initial appearance issue get some attention.

I'm working close to that area:

Right now, I'm trying to understand xdg menus.
We make an entry in the FvwmMenu marked:

D: Desktop

It's pretty clear that should be "A: Applications".
I'm pretty sure there should be a "Preferences" and
"Settings" menu.

There are other related things that need attention.
For one, having 2 setups (Form and 95 Script) is not
a good thing.  They should be unified and more function
should be added.

As far as more specific style matching, I haven't tried
the branch that contains the patch but isn't that mostly working?

If we had a volunteer to do "drudge" work it would be nice
to move off docbook to something easier to use.

I think Fvwm should packaging some kind of .Desktop file.
Wouldn't that get Fvwm into some kind of preferences menu so
a non-fvwm user could just select Fvwm?

--
Dan Espen