it was too much to expect that they'd actually listen.  so, perhaps
one for the FAQ?  "known bug in wine, which the developers of wine
don't understand and do not wish to acknowledge, so you, the fvwm
user, are forced to put Style * Leniency in the .fvwm2rc config file".

l.

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leigh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> If Lenience fixes the problem, the window is not indicating that
>> it accepts input.
>>
>> Here's the section of the Fvwm man page:
>>
>>   The ICCCM states that windows possessing the property
>>
>>   WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
>>       Client accepts input or input focus: False
>>
>>   should  not   be  given   the  keyboard  input   focus  by   the  window
>>   manager.
>
>  all right, dan - thank you for this.  i'm sorted (i can happily live
> with editing .fvwm2rc) - i've reported the bug as it turns out that
> there are a hell of a lot of other really weird long-standing bugs in
> wine related to keyboard/mouse focus being lost, so they've clearly
> been struggling to find this for a hell of a long time - lots of
> people having difficulties with applications, so the advice you gave
> is really helpful: let's hope the wine developers listen, eh?

 Alexandre Julliard <julli...@winehq.org> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
             Status|UNCONFIRMED                 |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |INVALID

--- Comment #1 from Alexandre Julliard <julli...@winehq.org>
2013-01-02 05:54:18 CST ---
Setting the input hint to False is correct, along with WM_TAKE_FOCUS it
specifies that we use the Globally Active model. Whatever the bug may be,
that's not it.