I am trying to use the Arduino IDE and it is not letting me give it keyboard
focus. I too am using FVWM. Even when I launch it in its own desktop, it does
not work. I cannot seem to make the Arduino IDE take keyboard focus, I can
click endlessly on the window and nothing happens. I can use the menus and
click anywhere in the sketch window and move the input position (with the
mouse, never with the keyboard). I don't want to hack the Arduino IDE code
itself, unless that is the only solution. Is there something in .fvwm2rc I can
set to fix this? The Arduino IDE *used* to work just fine. I *guessing* it is
something about the newer versions of CentOS (presently CentOS 6, kernel
version 2.6.32-696.6.3.el6.x86_64) or FVWM (2.6.6-1.el6) I am using now (the
last time I was sure it was working was with CentOS 5 and fvwm
2.5.26-2.el5.2). Even when I force the Arduino IDE to use Java 1.6, it still
does not work. I have version 1.0.5 of the Arduino IDE.

My .fvwm2rc has:

Style "*" ClickToFocus

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services