On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:00:10 +0100
Dominik Vogt wrote:

> These two styles are meant exactly for this situation.  One of
> them should work unless the program guesses the border width and
> title height wrong.  Is it 10x1 pixels?

I'm fairly certain the program doesn't make the slightest
attempt to guess anything at all about decorations, the shift
on each start is exactly the window decoration dimension.

My current kludgery of modifying the saved calibre gui
position works fine, but I'm pretty sure to get a fvwm
only solution, I'd have to do something like explicitly move
the window after an initial timeout, which would be more
trouble to figure out than the nonsense I currently use :-).