On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 09:39:05AM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:00:10 +0100
> Dominik Vogt wrote:
>
> > These two styles are meant exactly for this situation.  One of
> > them should work unless the program guesses the border width and
> > title height wrong.  Is it 10x1 pixels?
>
> I'm fairly certain the program doesn't make the slightest
> attempt to guess anything at all about decorations, the shift
> on each start is exactly the window decoration dimension.

And you have really tried out both styles (separately) and made
sure that they are applied to the window, and both do not work?

What output do you get when the window starts if you use

  BugOpts DebugCRMotionMethod on

If you don't mind trying some debug code and recompiling the
sources:  In events.c there's an "#if 0" at line 1026:

  #if 0
        fprintf(stderr,
                "cre: %d(%d) %d(%d) %d(%d)x%d(%d) fw 0x%08x w 0x%08x "

If you make that "#if 1", fvwm will print all configure requests
generated for the window.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--