Hi,

Am Do den 21. Mär 2019 um 21:53 schrieb Jaimos Skriletz:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:40 PM Klaus Ethgen <klaus+f...@ethgen.ch> wrote:
> > - From the documentation, the following mapping:
> >    Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0   -10
> >    Key (mpv) Up A M -
> >
> > Should bind alt-Up to the Scroll except in mpv window. But it also
> > scrolls in mpv windown.
> >

> In the second command 'Key (mpv) Up A M -', the - removes the
> keybinding. Since there is no specific key binding for mpv it uses
> your global keybinding. From the documentation:

Ok, that sounds reasonable.

> > So I tried `Key (mpv) Up A M Echo Up` which worked and echos the Up.
>
> Yes this will work, because now you have a window specific binding
> that fvwm uses.

But why dows it work when I do `Key (mpv) Up A M -` direct afterwards
(but not in the config file)?

> > - - How to do a mapping for everything except in mpv window?
> > - - What is the difference between `-` and `--` in this context?
>
> From the man page:
>
> A '--' action indicates that the event should be propagated to
> the specified window to handle.  This is only a valid action for
> window-specific bindings.
>
> So in conclusion, when using window specific bindings and you want to
> propagate the press to the window you want to use '--', not '-' (which
> tells fvwm to remove the binding).
>
> Thus I think you should be able to get this to work if you change your
> bindings to
>
> Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0   -10
> Key (mpv) Up A       M        --

I tried that too but it does not work.

Yes, I read about the application to accept the pass through. But with
exact that setting, it does scroll inside the window too; so I don't
think that any event for the application is generated at all.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <kl...@ethgen.ch>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C