On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Klaus Ethgen <klaus+f...@ethgen.ch> wrote:
> But why dows it work when I do `Key (mpv) Up A M -` direct afterwards
> (but not in the config file)?

What do you mean by work? I am not able to get it to work as you want
with my tests.

> > Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0   -10
> > Key (mpv) Up A       M        --
>
> I tried that too but it does not work.

My tests also shows this doesn't work as expected. I'm not quite sure
what is going on then. When I run

PrintInfo Bindings

I do not see a binding show up when I use the -- option (unsure why
this is not showing up). So unsure if the -- binding is not being
listed
correctly or not. It could be I'm overlooking something with the pass
through option

I do know that this really isn't the best way to do things, in general
most applications will not like this. From the man page

Note that Fvwm actually intercepts all events for a
window-specific binding and (if the focused window doesn't match
any of the bindings) sends a synthetic copy of the event to the
window.  This should be transparent to most applications,
however (for security reasons) some programs ignore these
synthetic events.

Really most programs ignore these synthetic events (see FakeKeyPress)
so I would think of another way to achieve your goal. Though if mpv
accepts synthetic events, you could try FakeKeyPress over a pass
through --, and see if that works for you.

My suggestion is find another way to achieve your goal. Some suggestions:

*) Use a modifier on Up/Down that isn't also used by MPV for your bindings.
*) Write a function and bind it to a binding that enables/disables
these scroll bindings. Not ideal, but this way you could disable the
bindings when you wanted to use Meta-Up inside of mpv. You could even
use Schedule to make it so the bindings will automatically enable them
selves after a set period of time.

jaimos