Hi,

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 08:33:48PM -0500, Chris Bennett wrote:
> I've been using fvwm2 for a while, but I do find the syntax a bit hard
> to follow.

That hasn't changed in Fvwm3 (yet), and certainly won't any time soon.

> I've also had problems getting many example configs to work right.

Which configs have you been trying, what were you expecting, and what hasn't
worked for you?  Fvwm2's syntax for config files hasn't changed much at all
over the last twenty years, so failures are probably down to external tools
being used, or something else.

> Which means I'm pretty open to trying fvwm3 out.

Testing welcome.  Patches even more so.

> I've cloned the git, but I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet.

Well, it's ready for testing now even if there's no RC yet.  On that point,
see:

https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm3/projects/1?card_filter_query=milestone%3A1.0

For when I'll consider version 1.0 releasable.  This is still subject to
change depending on what bug reports I get.

Kindly,
Thomas