On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 12:31:19AM +0000, Ethan Raynor wrote:
> I'm trying to understand how I can move all windows from desk X to
> desk Y without losing where the windows on desk X are in terms of
> their pages.
>
> I know I can do something like:
>
> All (Desk 1) MoveToDesk 2
>
> But all this does is take every window on desk 1 (regardless of page)
> and move those windows to desk 2.
>
> How can I essentially "mirror" the windows on desk 1 so they are in
> the same position/page on desk 2?

Fvwm allows windows to be present on a single desk or on all desk,
but not a selection of desks.  The closest you can have is to make
windows on desk 1 visible on all desks:

  all (desk 1) stickacrossdesks on

--

What is the actual use case for this?

It would be possible to mark these windows with a flag (can't
remember the syntax now) and write a hand tailored function that
shows the windows when weitching to desk 1 and 2, but not on other
desks.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--