On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 01:40:17PM +0000, Ethan Raynor wrote:
> hi Dominik,
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 9:45 AM Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > What is the actual use case for this?
>
> i quite often find myself wanting to move windows between desks to
> suit my workflow.  what i would like is the ability to move windows as
> they are on desk X to screen Y without them losing which page they are
> on. so for example when i do this:
>
> all (desk 2) movetoscreen
>
> this does move all the windows on desk2 to the current screen but i
> would ideally like those windows on desk2 to also keep the page they
> are on. currently the above command moves all windows on desk 2 to the
> current page on the screen i run it from - i don't want this.

Can you please be more precise?  You're mixing the terms page,
desk and screen which are all differet things.  Could you give an
example of the workflow?  It's hard for me to imagine what you're
actually doig that could require to move all windows from oe
desktop (page?) to another.  Why is it not good enough to make the
windows on desk 1 sticky?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--