On Tue, 23 Jan 2024, Mark Hills wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2024, Jaimos Skriletz wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 6:07 AM Mark Hills <m...@xwax.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm experiencing rare (but annoying) whole X session crashes, since
> > > mid-2023.
> > >

> > There was a change in libX11 that caused fvwm crashes due to event
> > handling. That has been fixed in fvwm3, and the fix isn't in fvwm2
> > yet, but you can find the patch here:
> >
> > https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm/pull/102
[...]

I've been running this 2.x patch for nearly a week and all occurances of
the problem have gone away. Great.

I've put a note in Github to strongly recommend it should be merged and a
stable/bugfix release made -- considering 2.x is the "stable" release
right now, but most 2.x users are likely to experience crashes (on any
distrubution which receives libX11 updates)

Happy to help if there's anything more I can do here.

Thanks

--
Mark