On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 09:38:19PM -0400, Giovanni Tumiati wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I'd like have desktop icons displayed without their titles. Only when
> the cursor is over an icon
> would I like the full title to be displayed like a "tooltip" as happens
> currently with icons and
> for the mini windows in the panels. In other words I want to suppress
> icon titles but still take
> advantage of the default behaviour when the cursor is placed on an icon.
>
> How can this be done? Any ideas?

I've tried to hack something up using FvwmEvent.  It would ask
fvwm to run a function and to add an icon label when the pointer
enters the icon, but that action unmaps the icon for a moment, so
the cursor leaves the icon immediately.  As a rasult, fvwm goes
into a cycle enablind and disabling the title ad infinitum.

Anyway, generic tooltips would be more helpful.  We already have
a tooltips library (libs/FTips.[ch]), but the fvwm core does not
use it yet.

> My Iconbox is defined as follows:

Now I'm confused.  the FvwmIconBox module creates a separate
window, so you won't get "Desktop"-Icons with it anyway.

> *FvwmIconBox: IconFore white
[snip]

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^