On 09 Sep 2005 03:18:48 -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> > > - what apps or libs is used to disply the menu icons ??
> >
> > fvwm or its modules do it using internal libfvwm.
>
> that is what i was looking for, however, there is no such file in
> slackware-10.1

By internal I meant static. You should not worry about it, it is compiled
into all relevant binaries.

> the fvwm files i know about are:
>
>       /usr/X11R6/libexec/fvwm/2.4.16/FVWM* ( 36 fvwm commands )

These Fvwm* binaries are called fvwm modules; commands are different.

>       /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm/Config*
>       /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm/FvwmForm*
>       /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm/FvwmScript*
>
>       /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.fvwm2   ( or xinitrc.fvwm95 )
>
> i do NOT want the fvwm/doc and fvwm/html and man pages etc..etc..
>
> i am not copying from source, but just recreating the fvwm binaries
> that already exists in slackware-10.1

I really think you should install fvwm yourself if you create a new
distro, rather than copying its parts from a different setup, otherwise
it is hard to help you.

Regards,
Mikhael.