Dear all,

I am running fvwm happily with a resolution of 1400x1050 at 24bit
color depth with two desks and four screens per desk.  Instead of the
gray background I like to have photographs with [EMAIL PROTECTED]  A
friend of mine told me recently that this would be a waste of memory.
Therefore, I wonder if any of you can tell me how fvwm handles the
memory consumption for background images.

Assuming the straightforward way, a complete copy of the background
image per screen, in my case, this would consume:
    1400 x 1050 x 3 x 8 = 32MB
Or does fvwm handle background images differently?

Moreover, I assume there is no difference between memory consumption
of personal background images vs. uniform colorized backgrounds,
right?

Thanks in advance.

wbr,
Lukas