Catherine Luedecker wrote:
I would agree that the man page is quite a bit to get thru.  I went to
my local library to print out the pages and it was quite a huge task.

Well, if you wanted to print an html-Version of the document it would not be less...

btw.: Perhaps the best solution would be an abstract sgml or xml document that could be converted to html, ps, pdf and probably man?

I think what is hardest for me is understanding what all those commands
and options really do.  I still am not using fvwm as my everyday window
manager because I am trying to get thru all of the options to make it

This exactly is my current situation. Also I am missing the quick resize of an window via ALT+RightMouse as in KDE, icewm, windowmaker.

just perfect.

It never will be perfect. You should configure the basic elements and then use fvwm. You will see what is missing and can add this funtionality in a growing matter.

I know that there are other ways around it but if I cant
understand it, I cant use it.

Yes, ok. But you will understand it better while you are using it. ;)

Gert